Monday, 09. December 2013 - 00:12
28. 09. 12. - 14:00
Retired teacher Liu Fu had always dreamed of having her own set of glamorous wedding snaps - and she wasn't going to let the fact that her husband had died 30 years ago get in her way.
So Liu, 76, hired a photo studio in Zhengzhou, Henan province, central China, to turn her into the bride AND groom for the special set of snaps.
"We didn't have much money when we married so my husband Feng and I had a small wedding. But I've always wanted a proper wedding album," she explained.
So a host of wardrobe experts, hairdressers and make-up artists spent hours re-styling Liu for her double take.
First Liu was styled as her groom in an emperor's costume and then dressed as a 1920s Shanghai gangster.
Then as the bride, Lui was clad in a traditional empress's costume, then in a Western white wedding dress to complete the set.
"It was wonderful - the answer to all my dreams. My only regret is that my husband couldn't share it," she said.
"It was a great day. Even though my husband wasn't here to share the special day, I know he was looking down on me.
"We had four children together and these pictures are something my children can treasure when I am no longer here. They can look back on them and think about both their mother and father.
"I wish I had a lovely set of wedding pictures with me and my husband together, but this is the second best thing.
"Back then we could not afford such nice pictures, we could barely afford a wedding, but I have worked hard all my life and finally could fulfil my dream.
"I do not have a single picture from my wedding day, all I have is my memories. Now I have in a way recreated history.
Lui got the idea to have her pictures taken after seeing so many pictures of weddings of younger generations' weddings.
"Many of my friends have younger family members who have recently got married. I always enjoy looking at their pictures.
"I had saved some money and thought now is my chance to recreate history. I went to a photo studio and told them about my request. I thought they may find it a little strange, but the kind-hearted photo studio were touched by my request and offered to take the photographs for free.
"They had been running a competition for a free set of pictures for a deserving cause and they chose me. I could not believe my luck.
"Stylists spent hours styling me both as Mr and Mrs. I had lots of different photos taken in different outfits. I hope there will be a way we can put the pictures together and have a proper husband and wife shot.
"This was a once in a life time opportunity and it has made my life complete. These pictures are something I will treasure for the rest of my life.
"My grandchildren never met my husband and my children were not born when we got married, so this brings my memories to life for them.
Croatia in a group with Brazil
The World Cup in Brazil will take place from 12 June to 13 July next year.
Dubrovnik marks 22nd anniversary of bombing
The Southern Croatian town of Dubrovnik on Friday marked the 22nd anniversary since it was attacked by the Yugoslav army.
Minister Zmajlovic calls for ecological protection of Adriatic and the Mediterranean
Croatian Minister of Environment Mihael Zmajlovic has pointed out the importance of protecting of the Adriatic Sea at the International Convention in Istanbul, Turkey.
Croatia and Qatar share energy expertise
The move was agreed when Qatar's Minister of Energy and Industry Dr Mohammed bin Saleh Al Sada visited Croatian Minister of Economy Ivan Vrdoljak in Zagreb.
Cipla takes over Croatian Celeris
Cipla, one of world's leading generic pharmaceutical companies, has acquired Croatia based company Celeris.
Girlfriend discovers cheating boyfriend in a live radio program
The young girl called Sandra from capital Zagreb has suspected her boyfriend Marko could have someone else because he was receiving SMS messages even during the night.
Kovac awaits World Cup draw in Brazil
Croatian national football team coach Niko Kovac and the rest of the delegation went to Brazil to await the draw for the World Cup 2014 scheduled for Friday.
French backed company takes over Zagreb Airport
French backed company International Airport Zagreb will take over Zagreb Airport this week, having paid the first two million Euro, one of the pre-conditions of the take over.
Croatian Motorways officials offer resignation
Two board members of Croatian Motorways (HAC) have offered their resignation after an accident that happened last weekend when three persons have died between junctions Sveti Rok and Maslenica.
Josipovic calls for more Italian investment in Croatia
Croatian President Ivo Josipovic has called for more Italian investment in Croatia during this week's meeting with the President of Italy, Giorgio Napolitano.
The most popular stories –
last 7 days
|Retired priest launches action to get religious education out of schools in Croatia|
|Croatia launches a petition to ban all the politicians|
|Conservatives won the referendum in Croatia|
|Croatia gets a new luxury residence for seniors|
|Croatia in a group with Brazil|