Friday, 13. December 2013 - 03:12
03. 08. 12. - 10:00
The Croatian government has decided to potentially put the Croatian motorways up for concession for a period of thirty years, reports Croatian radiotelevision.
"Croatian motorways are important for Croatia, they remain here and must be maintained. On state property we need to make money, not lose money," said Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic.
The government has decided to invite tenders for the selection of consultants for the monetization of the Croatian motorways, the consultants will then prepare an analysis and propose an optimal solution.
The government expects to earn around 3 billion Euro for the thrity year concession and will demand that the full amount of the compensation be paid immediately.
"The government is preparing a tender to appoint consultants, after that we will have more information. It is a big thing and wont be solved in a day or two, it will take months," said Deputy Prime Minister Radimir Cacic.
Snav announces new lines between Ancona and Split
Italian ferry liner Snav have announced to have a daily line between Ancona and Croatian port of Split from April to October next year.
Ivan KIasnic denies an alleged move to Hajduk
Former Croatian national football team forward Ivan Klasnic has denied the alleged move to Hajduk Split as Croatian media speculated earlier this week.
Fire damages a sugar factory in Osijek
Sugar factory Secerana was damaged in a fire in eastern Croatian town of Osijek on Wednesday evening.
Sberbank branch robbed in Zagreb
A branch of the Russian bank Sberbank was robbed in Croatian capital Zagreb on Wednesday.
Pahulja project to ban politicians fails in Croatia
Project's founder and former TV star Hamed Bangoura has decided to stop the project as he got "no support from intellectuals".
PM Milanovic surprises tourism industry with chemicals story
Croatian Prime Minister Zoran Milanovic has questioned the Croatian tourism strategy of keeping the Mediterranean "as it used to be" by offering to help in transport of deadly chemicals from Syria.
Peljesac bridge is best solution to connect the south of Croatia
Building of the Peljesac Bridge to connect the south of Croatia with the rest of the country could start in 2015.
Bad luck for Boban family
Retired football star Zvonimir Boban and his wife Leonarda were about to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their marriage, but instead she has ended up in a hospital after he accidentally ran over her leg with a car.
Custody extended for Nadan Vidosevic
The president of the Croatian Economic Chamber, Nadan Vidosevic, has been ordered to stay in custody for another two months.
Croatia takes Tivoli Ecoresort as its base in Brazil
Croatian Football Federation has chosen Tivoli Ecoresort in Bahia region as a base for the national team during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The most popular stories –
last 7 days
|Croatia in a group with Brazil|
|Heart shaped island got two scars|
|Dubrovnik marks 22nd anniversary of bombing|
|Peljesac bridge is best solution to connect the south of Croatia|
|Croatia and Qatar share energy expertise|